Monday, June 15, 2020

Nine Perfect Strangers

Liane Moriarty's novel Nine Perfect Strangers was a problem for me today. I could not put it down. I read the whole book in one day. The story of nine strangers gathering at an expensive transformation retreat. The story is set in Australia. Each chapter is told by one of the nine strangers or Masha, the Russian woman in charge of the retreat or Yao, her assistant. I have never been to a health retreat where the customers are told what to eat and what to do. I guess I just don't like being told what to do. After reading this dark comedy about health retreats I am for sure not going to go to one. I would watch the film version of this story though if I had HULU, which I don't. The television series comes out in 2021. Nicole Kidman is going to play Masha. Melissa McCarthy is going to play Frances who is a 55 year old romance novel author. I think Melissa is too young for that part.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...