Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Everything I Never Told You

After reading  Celeste Ng's novel Little Fires Everywhere I reserved another book by her on the cloud Library. That is how I got to read Everything I Never Told You. I read the entire  book on this rainy day. The book isn't very long. The story is about a family of five. Just like in Little Fires Everywhere the mother in the family favors one child over the other two. In this story Lydia is favored over James and Hannah. Lydia's Mom wants her to become a doctor. Lydia's father wants her to be happy and have a group of friends. Nobody, including Lydia, is asking what Lydia wants. Lydia, age 17,  goes missing one morning and is later found dead floating in the near by lake. This book won many awards in 2016 and I agree it is suspenseful. This sad tale is set in Ohio in the 1970's. This book certainly kept me busy turning pages all day. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...