Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Hiking a Detour

The Superior Hiking Trail is closed between Gooseberry State Park and Split Rock State Park. The detour takes the Gitchi -Gami trail. I hiked 3.2 miles of that Gitchi-Gami trail today between Gooseberry Falls State Park and the Iona Beach Scientific and Natural Area. The Gitchi-Gami trail is a paved, six feet wide trail upon which there are zero wood ticks and no mosquitoes either! Unfortunately the trail stays pretty close to Highway 61. Once in awhile there is some distance where you can't see the highway but I could still hear it. Now I have hiked 33.7 miles of the Superior Hiking Trail. The trail is 334 miles long including the spurs to the parking areas. I have only 300.3 miles left to go. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...