Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Line Is Busy


Two people, very near and dear to me, told me yesterday, "I can't get a hold of you because your line is always busy!" I am sorry. I was dinking around on the Internet. Dial up is such a slow process. I promise to keep my cell phone charged and near me from now on.
On another note, I've been very surprised to learn most people don't agree with me that people are born to be either optimists or pessimists. So far most people think it's a choice or because of life circumstances. What I don't get is why people would choose to be a pessimist. Pessimists don't live as long and they suffer more. Why wouldn't everyone desire to live longer and suffer less? One theory I heard yesterday is that pessimists get more attention. People try to comfort pessimists and show them the bright side in an attempt to cheer them. Does that mean pessimists are short-term thinkers - looking for instant gratification? And if life circumstances can make you a pessimists, why is it that some of the pessimists I have known don't seem to have suffered more than other people, they just seem to take things harder. Don't they understand that pain is inevitable but suffering is optional?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...