Monday, April 14, 2008

Yeah! My Rhubarb is Showing Signs of Life


I wish I could figure out a way to make my pictures larger when I upload to this site. I don't know if you can see it but there is a little red tip poking through the soil and debris - the sprout of my rhubarb plant. In honor of this special event, here is my recipe for a spring treat I make every year. I have made this every spring for the past 15 years.

Yorkshire Rhubarb Desert
Ingredients:
1/4 C. butter
2 eggs
3/4 C. Milk
3/4 C. flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 C. sliced rhubarb
1/2 C. brown sugar

Heat butter in a 1 quart baking dish in 425 degree oven till bubbling. Combine eggs, milk, flour and salt in blender. Pour into hot butter. pour rhubarb into the center of the batter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until crust is brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Serves 4-6. (341 calories and worth it!)







No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...