Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spent The Morning In The Closet


Today I finished up cleaning up the floor by pulling carpet staples and nails up. By the end I got pretty good at it. I did the hardest part first - the foyer closet. That floor is the worst because it's in a closet and because the linoleum had a strong glue attached to it and that glue is sticky to this day. I had to scrape the foam padding up and it's still sticky. It's like a human mouse trap. Blunder laid down on that floor and I could barely get her off it. Her fur stuck. She could never have gotten up on her own. Lucky for me I had experience with this sticky mess before and I knew the trick. The trick is baby powder. Sprinkle baby powder of a sticky floor, sweep it around, and the floor becomes less sticky. Once the closet was done the rest of the floor went much faster. So I got a lot accomplished today and I learned an important lesson. I can crawl and bend and kneel for hours without increasing the back pain. So that means gardening is totally back in the picture for me this summer. I'm so glad. I was trying to be open to the idea of cutting back on gardening this summer. To tell the truth, I have already purchased 4 seed packets - Giant Russian sunflowers, gourds (small fancy mix), Big Max pumpkins, and Jack Be Little Pumpkins.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...