Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Friend Ken


I met up with my friend, Ken, last night. He was ever so helpful. The first time I talked to Ken was when I redid my bathroom floor. He was amazing. He was so helpful in making my decision. He whipped out some paper and drew a three dimensional diagram of a toilet and how it sits on the pipe and the important things to remember when taking it off and putting it down again. Another time I took a tiling class. I learned how to grout tile on the wall and on the floor. Ken was the instructor. Again, he was a wealth of information. He had so much to tell that the hour class lasted two hours. Last night I talked to him about laminate flooring in the living room, hall, foyer, two closet and the stairs. Again, he whips out some paper and does a three dimensional diagram of a stair tread. He starts describing how I will have to remove each stair, cut the bull nose off with a table saw, replace it and then put the laminate on. Ken, hello? I got a bad back. I'll be paying someone to do that. In that case it would be cheaper to have each step replaced with oak and have it stained to match the laminate. Good to know, Ken. I have an appointment on Friday for a "measuring." Oh, the joys of getting off work early on Friday! It's a sacrifice I'll have to make. This old carpeting is probably 33 years old and it has become a historical map. Look - there is the "Grape Kool-Aid Incident" of 1992! Over there on the steps? That was the "Who's bright idea was it to carry a lit red taper candle down the stairs?" fiasco. And over by the window was the
"It's not a good idea to paint your model airplanes on the carpeting" lesson. And we have the Blunders, I cannot count the Blunders on this carpeting. Ken will help me with all this. He can help you too!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...