Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tree Planting


I've had the past day and half off work. I had to be home to have laminate flooring installed. Someone 18 years or older has to be on the property the entire installation time. The laminate looks great and the installer was very professional and hardworking. I'd rank him a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. I kept forgetting his name until his cell phone rang out the song, "Go, go, go Johnny go!" His name is John. Since it was so nice out, I used the time to plant my chokecherry trees and raspberry bushes. The weather was awesome. The chickadees, bluebirds and woodpeckers were singing, "See me! Mate me! Love me!" The ground was not frozen. It's funny how the soil changes from one spot in the lawn to the next. Most of the holes I dug were typical Anoka Sandplain brown sand with a couple inches of black topsoil frosting. But one spot in the front and another in the back were reddish clay that clings to the shovel even when you scrape it off with your foot. Tomorrow is Arbor Day. I will write about some of my favorite trees. On my way home tonight I took a picture of a favorite tree of mine. I stopped on the entrance ramp to Hwy. 10 from Coon Rapids Boulevard to get the snapshot. See if you don't think it's a sexy tree.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...