Sunday, September 27, 2009

Night On The Town

Friday was my night on the town. Some friends and I had dinner at Kikagawa - a Japanese restaurant near Riverplace in downtown Minneapolis. I had a view of the river from my seat and was given a warm washcloth to wash my hands when I sat down. We had our choice of sitting on chairs at a table or kneeling on cushions at a low table. I had two appetizers for dinner - edamame and vegetable tempura. Both were delicious but the vegetable tempura put a lead balloon in my stomach for the rest of the evening. I guess I'm not used to fried foods anymore. Offspring #2 met us as we headed next door to Picosa to watch the salsa dancing. There was a salsa dancing lesson at 9:30 and a live salsa band playing by 10. Holy cow, some people can dance. Salsa is done with partners and they tend to hold both hands at least some of the time. Some of the guy dancers seemed almost aggressive in their moves. Their partners were spinning right and spinning left and spinning right again. Wow. One girl, in a patterned wrap dress, must have had her heart rate over 120 beats per minute. I got tired just watching here. And she was smiling and having a great time. I don't know how she could do it with her slip on high heels. I had a blast watching the dancers. As Offspring *2 and I walked back to my car, my ears were ringing as we enjoyed the city lights reflecting off of the Mississippi.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...