Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So Young, Brave and Handsome


I could not put it down. Those five words say it all because it's been a l o n g time since I read a book this good. I stayed up past my bedtime. It's rare for me to stay awake past 10 on a work night but I could not put it down. "So Brave, Young, and Handsome" by Leif Enger was sitting on a table near the entrance at the Northtown library for me on Friday evening. I wasn't in there to get a book. I have a big stack of books to read. I came to get a book on CD so I could have a story to pass the time on my drive to Northfield on Saturday. But there it was, a book by Leif Enger that I haven't read yet. So I snatched it up like the squirrels snatch my sunflower seeds out of my bird feeder. I started reading it on Sunday and finished it Monday night. Ooooh, and it was a good read. He's such a good writer. Oddly enough, the book starts out at a home on the Cannon River in Northfield, MN.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...