Monday, September 21, 2009

Tune Up Lesson


Today my friend, Ed, gave me a lesson on how to tune up a motorcycle. He helped me change the oil, replace the oil filter, and replace the spark plug. I think I could do it myself next time. I had trouble starting the bike sometimes. If the bike was warmed up the day it would pop right off . Starting it first thing in the morning could take between 5 and 12 attempts. The starting problem could have stemmed from the gap on the spark plug being way wider than the recommended .028 gap. Ed said sometimes the gap will widen with use. What a great guy, this Ed. I try to thank him but he never wants anything. I know he follows a low-carb diet. Last time I gave him beef jerky and he shared it with a bunch of people. Tonight I stopped at the Anoka Meat Market to buy Ed some T-bone steaks. The meat market is full of meat and smelled like meat. I was pretty grossed out by the place. I stared at the pork chops and the hamburger and the prime rib and was glad I am a vegetarian. My purchase was wrapped in butcher paper and the butcher said, "Enjoy your supper!" I decided not to explain I would be having tofurkey for supper and just answered, "Thanks!"

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...