Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pre-Vacation Rituals


Things I do before I leave: soak up the garden really well in case it's dry while I'm gone. Water all the plants. Package my medicine in little tinfoil packages and stick them in my backpack. Roll up my clothing into long logs and stick them in my smaller suitcase so I can carry it on the plane and avoid the $15 fee. Make sure I have a book to read and a fresh ball of yarn for knitting on the plane. Take the extra cards out of my wallet (library, gift cards, etc). Take out the trash and the compost before I leave so the house smells good when I return. I'm leaving for Estes Park, Colorado with a friend. We're visiting her son who is a highly trained outdoor educator. He has a raft. He's taking us whitewater rafting. So if the raft tips and we spill into the rapids, who do you think he will save first? Me? Not likely, more like his Mom. Lets hope they get in a big fight before we head downriver so he saves me first. Rocky Mountains, here I come!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...