Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wendy and Lucy


Some friends and I went to the Walker Art Center to see one of those "non-Hollywood" movies. This one was called "Wendy and Lucy" and was directed by Kelly Reichardt. Michelle Williams stars as Wendy. This is the same Michelle Williams who acted in Brokeback Mountain and Dawson Creek. This movie is about a young woman and her dog trying to make it in a society with few safety nets. She's trying to get a job by traveling to Alaska. Her car breaks down in Oregon. She is alone. She is desperate. She doesn't have very much money. She gets very bad news from the auto shop. This movie reminded me that times are tough when you are young and starting out. I almost forgot about some of those tougher days I had. Michelle Williams does an excellent job portraying Wendy.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...