Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Busy Morning


This morning my bird class started at six freaking o'clock in the morning. This is the last one for the year. Soon I will be able to sleep until I wake up naturally on Saturday morning. We went to Round Lake in Andover and Diamond Lake in Dayton. We saw swamp sparrows, song sparrows, white crowned sparrow (who looks like a sparrow with a skunk head), robins, red winged blackbirds, tree swallows, barn swallows (coming to the lake shore to scoop up mud to build their nests), Northern Shovelers, spotted sandpiper, wood ducks, mallards, Canadian geese, goldfinch, osprey, eagle, a trumpeter swan (sitting on her nest), bufflehead and my FOY (first of the year) oriole. What a fun group of people. I think I might take the class again next year. After that I went to watch a friend graduate from Northwestern College in Roseville. Wow, she worked hard. Tests and papers to write, books to read, quizzes to take; she did all those things while working full time and still finding time for biking, concerts, trips and movies. I am truly amazed.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...