Wednesday, May 23, 2012

All Of You

Photo credit Master Naturalist Facebook page
At our last lunch during the Master Naturalist conference I was asked what was the highlight of the weekend for me.  Easy question.  It's the people.  I can walk into that conference room with 20+ tables that sit 6 people and feel comfortable sitting down at any table and being welcomed into that group.  We all share common interests. Some of these people I've worked with on projects.  Other people I see only once a year.  I've never felt so included by people I barely know. We're an awesome group.  That is me right above the loon on the sign.  Funny story.  The photographer stood on an upper level to take this photo.  He was wearing cargo shorts.  When he yelled down, "Okay, I can see all of you!" someone yelled back, "And we can see all of you too."  We could see right up his pants legs.  Lucky for us it's dark up there.  When he heard that we could see all of him, he put his camera down, looked us straight in the eye and without a smile did a grinding motion with his right leg.  The way he did it let us know this was not the first time he made this particular move.  It was hysterically funny which is why some of us have glistening eyes.  I laughed so hard I cried. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...