Monday, May 21, 2012

A Thread So Thin

I didn't realize A Thread So Thin was the second book of a series until I finished reading it.  I had my suspicions though. Sometimes the author would hint at things she hadn't really told us about.  Well, that was because this is the second book and she is assuming we already know the characters.  Two of the main characters are Liza and her Aunt Abigail.  Sometimes I think authors write about people they really don't like to make a better story.  In this case, I didn't like Liza or Abigail. Liza is an EXtremely passive college student who can't make a decision to save her life. She lets other people decide for her while pretending she cares.  Her duplicity is as maddening as Abigail's controlling snobbery.  As it turns out, there are reasons these women are acting a little crazy and neither one of them is typically as annoying as they are during most of the story.  I might go back and read Marie Bostwick's first story about Abigail and Liza-haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...