Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Only Complaint

With the nice weather we've had lately, I've been using the motorcycle to get around.  I was cruising down a scenic road in Coon Rapids the other day we I felt that sputtering feeling AGAIN.  Acceleration varies even though I'm holding the throttle steady.  I ran out of gas.  I have run out of gas on this bike at least half a dozen times.  I never ran out of gas on my old bike.  So I turn the gas to the reserve tank and start off again.  How can I be out of gas?  I filled it up only a couple days ago.  Since then I've only ridden to work twice, right?  My commute to work and home is about 30 miles.  Wait a minute, I did take the long way home once. And oh, yeah, I did go to a graduation party in Roseville.  Maybe I did put on over 100 miles since the last trip to the gas station.  Once I have the gas lever on reserve, I am a nervous Nelly until I fill up again.  I used to think the gas intake was too high on the gas tank but when I looked it up, my tank only holds 2.8 gallons.  I added 2.2 gallons so I had about a half gallon left.  I can't relax if the tank is on reserve.  The small gas tank is, so far, my only complaint about this bike.  How am I going to ride it around Lake Superior if I have to stop every 100 miles?  I'll have to stop at nearly every gas station I see. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...