Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finally

I was about to give up on the orange tulips I planted last fall.  I thought Menards sold me some duds.  But I was wrong.  The orange tulips are just blooming now, a month later than the purple ones I planted.  They may be late but they sure are pretty.  I did some weeding today now that the ground was softened by almost two inches of rain on Saturday.  I uncovered some wildlife-angleworms, green shiny beetles, ants, and cutworms.  The cutworms were launched into space from the garden and landed in the prairie part of the yard.  For a cutworm, a 15 foot trip must seem like a very long commute. 

2 comments:

Cajo said...

5 of the tulips you planted in my garden bloomed, but the squirrels pulled all the petals off. What weirdos! They were pretty while they lasted. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are welcome. I love planting tulips. I think it's the six months of delayed gratification that appeals to me.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...