Tuesday, May 22, 2012

They Should Make An App For That

Dear Readers, 
Today is your lucky day.  I am giving away, free of any charge, a million dollar idea.  Take it and run.  What we need is a personal gift registry app.  I go to a store, any store, and see something I like.  I capture the bar code with my phone and the item I want (including size and color) is added to my personal gift registry.  All my friends, family and people of my choosing can see my gift registry.  If I change my mind, I can take the item off my list.  If someone gives me that item I can remove it from my list.  Whether I am in a local hardware store, department store, drug store, pawn shop or a gift shack in Timbuktu, I can add items to my personal gift registry.  Gone will be those empty headed moments when someone asks, "What do you want for Christmas?"  That is how we all end up with socks at holiday time-we can't think of something better when we're asked spur of the moment like that.  No more will siblings have to call each other to try and determine what a parent would want as a gift.  You think this will take the wonderful surpise element out of presents?  I disagree.  Who's going to remember what items they put on their gift registry two years ago?  Even if a gift giver doesn't give you a gift from your registry, they can learn your likes and dislikes by studying your registry choices.  They will know your favorite colors, style, and correct size.   And if you do get a gift that makes you inwardly cringe and the giver had access to your gift registry, well, let's just say you've learned quite a bit about them.  You can't tell me you haven't had those moments when your mouth is saying, "Thank you so much.  I'm honored,"  while inside you're thinking "This is going to the Goodwill."  Stores will save money with fewer returns and the prices of merchandise will go down.  Everyone will win with this new app.  It's a million dollar idea.  Now, if only Tracfone would add that feature to their prepaid phones. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...