Wednesday, May 30, 2012

That Awkward Moment

I had an awkward moment today.  I was in a meeting with a group, listening to a woman with dark hair and bangs covering her eyes.  She listened with her face turned down to the table.  She looked up at me with her big eyes and gave a snarky, dead pan, sarcastic comment.  In my mind, I'm thinking, "Oh, I can't believe it.  I'm sitting with April Ludgate and I didn't even know it before.  How could I have missed it?"  April Ludgate, in case you don't know, is the apathetic, snarky, capable but under performing employee on the "Parks and Rec" sitcom.  April Ludgate is very unusual and so is this woman I know.  I'm so into my own discovery that I don't listen to a thing she is saying.  I ask her to repeat.  She rolls her eyes at me (JUST LIKE APRIL LUDGATE WOULD HAVE DONE) and repeats herself again but I'm not listening because I'm so entertained by her eye rolling.  Awkward.  So I just smile and pretend I heard her.  I hope I don't accidentally call her April because that would be even more awkward.  Some people ask me how I can stand going to so many meetings.  They have no idea just how entertaining meetings can be sometimes.  People fascinate me.  I can't believe I didn't recognize April Ludgate before.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I was hoping to get to see you yesterday when I picked up CA for an apt. I got to see a few people and that was so enjoyable. Jim H. - Teresa H. (I got a big hug from her)Pete in the hallway and Lois. Lonny of course but I'm never thrilled to see him......sorry but being truthful! lol Saw Carol D. as she walked away and Tony of course. So my day got brighter seeing friends!!
Glad you get some humor in your day! I like that trick you have making them repeat! Hahaha Good one Sue!

Anonymous said...

Catch you next time. I didn't know you were working there again.

Dianne said...

Working summer hours as ON Call status again. Keeping busy as usual. Love it!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...