Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thinking Ahead

When my Buff Orpington chicks come at the end of this month, they're going to need names.  Last time I named my chicks after characters from the television show, the Office.  I don't want to use those names again but it was a fun way to remember which hen was which hen.  This time I thought I'd use the names Claire, Gloria, Haley, Alex and/or Lily (Modern Family).  A friend of mine suggested Charlene, Julia Sugarbaker, Suzanne Sugarbaker and Mary Jo.  In case any of you youngsters are reading this, they're from an old show named Designing Women.  I like the strong female characters in that show but I think it would be weird to name a pet chicken Suzanne-it sorta has that George Forman vibe to it.  Or I could name the chickens (because the color buff is a little like gold) Rose, Blanche, Dorothy and Sophia-the Golden Girls!  So now I am thinking - how about Nora Batty, Ivy, Pearl, Glenda and/or Marina?  These women are from the British series Last of The Summer Wine.  Does anyone else have suggestions for me to consider?

3 comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...