Friday, May 18, 2012

Blarney


Today I headed for Mankato for the annual Master Naturalist convention. After a morning spent exercising and mowing the lawn, I packed up my things and got ready to go.  I debated taking the motorcycle.  I even planned a route where I could avoid the high speeds of Highway 169.  When I heard there was a chance of rain on Sunday I decided against the motorcycle.  Rain would be no fun and put me at a higher level of risk than is comfortable for me.  Just as i am about to leave I see a message on my phone.  A friend wonders if we could carpool.  Excellent!  I call her back and we're off to Mankato together.  I am staying at the Butler Bed and Breakfast.  My room is the Blarney room.  Here is my view from the wicker couches on the wide veranda.  Excellent!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...