Monday, November 28, 2016

Beard!

I know I am lucky to be at home during the day to see the birds in my yard.  Goldfinch groups crowd my feeders in their less than yellow costumes. Robins visit.  Blue jays and cardinals visit.  Woodpeckers of all  Minnesota varieties visit.  Even turkeys come by to scratch the lawn below the bird feeders.  One turkey stands out from the rest.  One turkey has the bluest and most naked head with a big old beard hanging from it's chest.  This beard is almost long enough to step on.  What possible evolutionary reason is there for this beard?  Isn't it a tripping hazard?  Or is it display of manliness?  Of the 15 turkeys visiting my yard, this turkey has the biggest beard. I have to confess - I've always been a fan of beards and other facial hair. Grizzly Adams? Grrr!  Full moustaches?  Grrr!  Sam Elliot?  Grrr! Tom Selleck?  Grrr! I don't lust after this turkey but I have to respect his manly beard!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...