Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Olive Kitteridge

This Pulitzer Prize winning novel is about a woman named Olive.  She is married with one son.  She lives in Crosby, Maine and she teaches middle school math.  The book is written like a series of short stories.  Most of the chapters include Olive but a couple don't.  Sometimes Olive is the main character of the chapter and sometimes she is a peripheral character.  Olive and I have a lot in common.  Blunt?  Yeah, I have been known to be blunt. Outspoken?  Guilty of that.  Moody?  I have my moments but I believe I am more laid back than Olive.  Olive can be grumpy and irritable.  Some times she is down right rude and passive aggressive.  But sometimes, without knowing it and not trying to, she can be a life saver.  She can bring joy and understanding into a hurting person's life. Olive is a fascinating woman.  Now that I have read and enjoyed the book, I look forward to seeing the television version too.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...