Sunday, November 13, 2016

Past The Hard Part

Hip replacement part two is now over.  Everything went well.  I consider myself very lucky to get the regional anesthesia instead of general.  I had the surgery Friday at 7:30 a.m. and was released from the hospital at 6 p.m. on Saturday.  I could have walked out of there using only a cane but they make you use this transfer chair instead.  Oddly enough the hospital pharmacy closes at noon on Saturday.  Most other pharmacies close at 6 on Saturday so it took us a while to find an open pharmacy but we found one and were happy.  Offspring #2 put me to bed at 8:30 p.m.  She tucked me in and I laid down with an ice pack on my incision.  I woke up once.  A strange noise woke me up.  Realizing it was my own intestinal gas that woke me up I laughed out loud and went back to sleep.  And I slept without moving for 11.5 hours.  Never have I slept a better night's sleep.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...