Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Clever Roosters

Two of the Polish chickens are males and two are females.  It's not that easy to tell them apart.  Two have necks and heads that are more silver and two have bodies that are more black than silver.  One of the roosters has am amazingly beautiful breast of black feather with silver diamonds. These clever roosters won't crow when I can get a good look at them.  If they see me, they become silent.  They don't want to crow in my presence.  I think they know the plan.  But when I am in the house and even before the sun comes up in the morning, do they crow?  Yes!  They crow and crow and crow.  I go outside and they shut right up.  In fact, the sneaky devils, they twirl their flight feathers behind their backs and murmur quietly, "Oh, do I feel an ovulation coming on?"  They're not fooling me!  Actually, they ARE fooling me.  But I will figure this out and DEPORT the roosters.  One will go to a good farm in Andover and the other to Zimmerman; possibly a livestock auction; but they will be deported.  No eggs?  No staying here in this yard!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...