Monday, November 14, 2016

Home to Observe

I had some time to sit by the window and look outside today.  This is a terrible photo of my resident chipmunk on the wall by the pond.  Since the stripe on his back runs vertically, it actually looks like he has his head up his you know what.  I guess I didn't catch him at his most photogenic moment.

Here is another horrible, highly cropped photo. This one is, I'm pretty sure, a fox sparrow.  This is a new bird for me in this yard.  I also watched deer drink from the pond.  After a drink they took the central stalk from a black walnut leaflet and chewed on the end of them much like a human chews on a toothpick.  I guess deer can get stuff stuck between their teeth too.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...