Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Stepping On The Cracks

I had to miss my book club meeting last week.  I  just wasn't safe to drive there.  I enjoyed the heck out of the book Stepping On The Cracks by Mary Downing Hahn.  This is a young adult fiction.  From the first sentence the book takes off at a run and never slows down.  The heroes of the story are two young girls who are the younger sisters of boys away in service in World War II.  "Step on the crack.  Break Hitler's back,"  is a common sidewalk poem.  The two girls are the heroines of this story.  One girl is brave.  The girl who appears to be not as brave is even braver.  This was a great story of two girlfriends and I wish I had been able to attend the discussion of this book.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...