Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Today Was A tough Day!

Today was a tough day for me personally.  A tough day for me on several levels. Politically, Anoka county is a lonely place for a liberal feminist.  When I saw a red Trump sign posted within visibility of my kitchen my heart sunk.  I went to bed early. When I saw Dopnald's face on my MSN feed when I got to work, my heart sunk again. A tough day. On the other hand, I know who will and who will not console my political heart.  And I go to them and they come to me for solace.  Also, my hip heart like heck.  Actually, when you're faced with a hip replacement at the end of the week, do you want your hip to feel peachy? No, you do not.  Hip pain is welcome at this stage of my life.  So, yay!  My hip hurts!  It locks up when I get out of my car.  I grimace when I get out of my office chair. And this is good? Yes, this is good.  Otherwise you might wonder, do I really need a hip replacement again?  I do. I need one.  Instead I want to focus on the future.  Wouldn't it be great to say you once hiked the Superior Hiking Trail?  You hiked 271 miles from Duluth to Canada?  Well, I think that would be awesome. I don't want to complete it in one single journey.  I don't mind going back to a soft mattress at the end of e every hiking day.  For today, I want to focus my mind on future adventures.  I might see a moose.  I might see a grouse.  I might see a Lapland Longspur.  I might, if I'm lucky, ond day be able to say, "I hiked the entire Superior Hiking Trail!"

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...