Thursday, November 3, 2016

My Admiration


When I come home from work and make that left hand turn in my car toward the garage, I see  a flash of lime green.  Ten solid days after all the other basswood leaves have detached and fallen to the ground, two basswood leaves hang on.  These two basswood leaves?  They give me hope. They don't fall to the ground like most basswood leaves.  They're different!  Like a candle in the wind, like a dandelion growing in a crack in a sidewalk, like a liberal feminist living in Anoka County, these two basswood leaves hang on. They don't want to admit deer hunting season is around the corner.  I admire these two basswood leaves.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...