Thursday, November 17, 2016

Up With The Good Down With The Bad

"Up with the good and down with the bad" is such a simple motto that it is easy to remember and can apply to many areas of my life.  This week that motto comes into my head every time I face a step or a set of stairs.  My hip replacement seems to have slowed down my mental processing speed.  Maybe my brain needs to be defragged or maybe I have too many programs opening when I wake up in the morning but I hesitate at stairs repeating, "Up with the good. Down with the bad."  First I think good and bad are pejorative terms.  I paid good money for the comfort in my left leg and isn't that a good thing?  Wasn't that a good decision?  Second I think what was good in 2014 is now bad and what was bad is now good.  Third I think right is now good.  Fourth I think, "Which one is right?"  Fifth, well by the fifth by body has tired waiting for my brain to process all this.  My body gave up on my mental dexterity and I've already stepped up and 70% of the time I have stepped up on the incorrect leg.  I have already progressed to alternating my steps on stairs unless I am carrying something so it doesn't really matter that much anyway.  "Up with the good, down with the bad," is a simple motto unless you are me, processing at the top or bottom of a step.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...