Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I Take Man Pills

When my body undergoes something traumatic, say, for example, a hip replacement, one response it always falls back to is that the bladder goes on strike.  My body will still collect the liquid trash and store the liquid trash, but it will not allow the trash to be emptied.  Why is the bladder on strike? What does the bladder want? Better wages?  Medical insurance benefits? Safer working conditions?  I don't know the answer because the bladder won't come to the table to negotiate.  I have come to expect the bladder to go on strike. I've been through this before. I tell the professionals to expect the bladder strike and I ask for my man pills.  Does the bladder care when the whites of my eyes are turning yellow?  No, bladders on strike don't care.  Does the bladder care that it is storing a day's worth of liquid trash and is about to burst?  No, bladders on strike don't care.  Does the bladder care when a substitute trash collector (catheter) is repeatedly knocking on the bladder's door?  No, bladders on strike don't care.  Besides five days of rest the only thing the bladder on strike will cooperate with is Flomax.  Designed to relax the muscles of the prostate gland (of which I have none), I call Flomax my "man pill."  If I take a Flomax my bladder will end the strike, at least temporarily with two hours.  New born babies can urinate freely so I am not used to feeling grateful for the ability to empty my bladder until times such as I have experienced this week.  I am grateful for my man pills and the effect they have on me.  Whew!  Relief is great!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...