Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Funniness

Where I work the employee's club has a staff spotlight questionnaire on the month of your employment beginning. Last month, January, was my 28th anniversary so I answered my questions honestly and sincerely. I had questions (they vary year to year) like what was your first job?  What are the significant events in your life.  If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?  If you could win travel or money what would you choose?  We learn a lot about each other this way. Significant events are births, deaths, marriages and cancer.  So today the February answers were displayed in the break room.  Swear to God, I never laughed so hard in my life.  One guy I know had the following answers:  First Job?  Skinny dipping  into Missouri lakes with other rednecks.  (What? Did he say skinny dipping?  I know he fishes in Missouri for those really large carp and I think he said he puts his arm under river banks in a fishing procedure called noodlingbut that doesn't sound like him at all!  I can't see him ever admitting to skinny dipping at work)  Win the lottery?  Share it with my co-workers.  Okay,that answer alone means it's not him answering the questions  It's true.  Someone else has answered the questions for him and, knowing him and how he is, their answers are worthy of a Seinfeld episode. The funniest part is that he let her do it! Favorite radio station?  DKAT.  I don't know that station DKAT.  Turns out it stands for don't kill anyone today.  I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.  Last month I answered my questionnaire earnestly.  Next year?  I don't think so!  Or have I lost my chance to be as funny as he is?  Probably. Darn it!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...