Monday, February 6, 2017

Ruthless


I have always wondered about the word ruthless. I used to work with a couple people named Ruth.  Now I don't.  Am I ruthless?  But after reading Ruthless by Ron Miscavige, I now know what ruthless means. Wow. Just wow.  I don't pay attention to Scientology.  I stand in the grocery line and see the magazine articles about Tom Cruise and Leah Remini but I don't pay attention. I only picked up this book because I was curious about the word ruthless.  Golly (and say that aloud like Gomer Pyle used to say golly). Listening to this book on CD was an eye opener to say the least.  I could hardly believe the words Ron was saying about his son, David.  Wow.  Just wow.  And in this age of shock and confusion, twitter tweets, fake news,  and focus on ratings as compared to actual conviction, this book scared the living bejeesus out of me.  I may be enthusiastic about this book but no worries, I'm not converting to Scientology.  You can sell me an Exer-genie but I'm not buying into Scientology.  Jeez, what a book.  Truth is stranger than fiction.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...