Thursday, February 9, 2017

Through No Fault Of My Own

This little book Through No Fault of My Own is a book anyone from Saint Paul ought to read. Coco Irvine's diary from the year she was in seventh grade is simply hilarious and a historical treasure.  Growing up in the luxurious house where Mark Dayton now lives, Coco grew up in jazz age and had that 13 year old compulsion to deny guilt.  Like it was "no fault of her own" that the fire alarm went off in her school.  Sentences later we learn that she wasn't prepared for French class and was worried that if she didn't do well in class, she wouldn't be able to go to the dance that weekend.  So she bounced a basketball against the wall right next to the fire alarm until the alarm went off!.  No fault of your own?  It was totally your fault! Oh, Coco, I wish I could be you.  I wish I had stolen my parent's car and driven around an island on White Bear Lake.  I wish I had half the fun you did. Take an hour of your time and read this delicious book.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...