Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Who Am I?

Neanderthal
This morning I got the email I have been waiting for since the day after Christmas.  I was given a gift of a DNA test called 23 & Me.  I got the heritage part of the test.  Medical is another option but as yet I haven't done that.  So on Dec. 26 I filled a test tube of saliva and mailed it away.  Today I got the results of my heritage.  I, like all people of European descent, have some Neanderthal in me.  But, of all the people who have mailed their spit to this agency, I have more Neanderthal than most.  I have more Neanderthal in me that 75% of the other customers.  Go Neanderthal!   Also, I learned this:

You most likely had a grandparent, great-grandparent, or second great-grandparent who was 100% French & German. This person was likely born between 1830 and 1890.
  • You most likely had a great-grandparent, second great-grandparent, or third great-grandparent who was 100% British & Irish. This person was likely born between 1800 and 1860.

  • You most likely had a great-grandparent, second great-grandparent, or third great-grandparent who was 100% Eastern European. This person was likely born between 1800 and 1860.

  • You most likely had a second great-grandparent, third great-grandparent, fourth great-grandparent, or fifth great-grandparent who was 100% Balkan. This person was likely born between 1740 and 1830.

  • You most likely had a third great-grandparent, fourth great-grandparent, fifth great-grandparent, or sixth great-grandparent who was 100% Scandinavian. This person was likely born between 1710 and 1800.

  • You most likely had a fourth great-grandparent, fifth great-grandparent, sixth great-grandparent, or seventh great (or greater) grandparent who was 100% Iberian. This person was likely born between 1680 and 1770.

  • I thought I was German and Polish. British and Irish?!  Blimey! Balkan?!  Oopa! Scandinavian?! Uff da!  And Iberian?! Ay Dois Mio!  I have a lot to think about.  I opted to share information to see if I had any relatives who also used 23 & Me.  Guess how many relatives?  You'll never guess.  1413 relatives, that is how many. Mind is blown!



    via GIPHY

    No comments:

    Hallaway

    I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...