Friday, February 24, 2017

Helping A Person Gives Me Power!

Three nights this week I have had dreams I didn't like.  No, no nightmares.  Nothing scary.  But the dreams were about people who are not in my life and problems that are not problems anymore so that was no fun. So I asked my BFF to assign me a dream for tonight. She's a great friend and is always ready to lend a helping hand. Jeez Louise! How long has she been waiting for me to ask this question?  Is she giving me a dream assignment or the plots for the next  novels I intend to write?  Here is her answer:  Your dream tonight. You will be granted one power of your choice and can only be kept charged by Helping a person lost in life. (will you have to reunite them with life, family, job, a home, what a great reunion and party it could be) Second you get to take the family on a trip with no boundaries and third you have to do something crazy (think outside of the box)
For crying out loud!  She gave me such a large assignment. How can I remember all that and still go to sleep?  I decided to just go with the first suggestion.  Turns out planting dreams can work. I had a wonderful night of sleep and a truly incredible dream.  I was granted the power of flight.  The strange thing about it was I had no control over when the power came or left me. When I helped someone (and sometimes my help was just acting naturally and not an intentional act) my body morphed into a 2 inch version of me and if I put my right hand into a fist above my head, I could take off flying around in the air like Mighty Mouse.  I
wasn't a rodent and I wasn't wearing a cape and I didn't have big ears but I could fly like Mighty Mouse. How long I could fly depended on the significance of my help but it took a few times of morphing into a flying person before I figured that out.  The flying didn't last long enough for me to get tired of it.  I would be buzzing around the room or the yard or where ever I completed a helpful act and pretty soon I could feel my body enlarging.  I would aim down toward the ground and every time I morphed back into my real self I just had to step down an inch or two before the ability to fly was completely gone.  Then, in my dream, I would go back to living my life when suddenly I was helpful and back to flying I went.  There was never a moment where I could fly that I didn't fly.  I think tonight I will try the second suggestion of taking the family on a trip with no boundaries.  What does that even mean - no boundaries?  No physical boundaries?  Political boundaries?  I guess it can mean whatever my exhausted Friday night brain takes me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...