Wednesday, September 13, 2017

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

I could not remember if I had read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne so I borrowed it from the library as a book on CD.  Holy shamoley! The reader of this classic adventure tale was an expert reader and he had me hooked from the first line. The reader's enthusiasm and his growly voice had me in suspense.  Even if you have read this book before, read it again. It's short and you have the time. I have always loved adventure stories and this book reminded me how much I loved an old television series named Sea Hunt starring Lloyd Bridges. Lloyd, the father of several other handsome actors with the same last name, had a dimple in his chin so deep he could store an aspirin in there. The dimple was part of his charm.  I loved Sea Hunt.  I also loved Flipper. It's no wonder snorkeling is on my list of things to do in 2018.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...