Monday, September 18, 2017

What is Splurging?

My original title for this blog post was "I Splurged."  Is it splurging? If I spend twice as much  money on flannel sheets than I ever have before just to get what I want, is that splurging?  I use flannel sheets year round. I use the same set week after week for years at a time and then I turn them into either rags or a rag rug.  So is it splurging just to have the Peanut's gang depicted on the sheets?  The thing is, I think Charles Schulz, a native of Saint Paul, was a genius.  In my life I have been all of the characters in the gang.  I like to think I'm Linus who despite the need for a blankie seems to be the most well adjusted of the group.  Some times I am Snoopy (dancing around the house on Saturday morning). Sometimes I am Charlie Brown because I think this time Lucy will not pull that football away.  I hope against hope but Lucy is Lucy and she can't help being Lucy.  Lately the Lucy in me is coming out. Bold, remarkable, Lucy is blunt and honest.  When I was younger I was the little red haired girl.  Over Labor Day weekend I was Pig-Pen, the kid who is so dirty the dust flies off of him. Whatever, I love my new sheets. I smile every night when I go to bed so that is not splurging.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...