Tuesday, April 3, 2018

First Killdeer of the Year

Today, after work, I thought about hibernating.  Instead I went to the gym. Snow has fallen steady all day long. I thought that since my plow contract ended on the weekend I could get plenty of exercise shoveling the driveway.  Instead I went to the gym.  As I walked down the sidewalk with the snow blowing sideways into my right ear I saw a little bird scuttling around the corner. "What are you doing here?" I ask the little killdeer.  Poor little bird probably got confused in the snow storm and mistook a black, wet, shiny, salty parking lot for a lake.  Normally, seeing the first killdeer of the year is a pleasant experience but not this year.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...