Monday, April 2, 2018

Maybe Hibernation Is A Good Idea?

Is it a full moon out there under this thick blanket of clouds?  I have seen some weird things today.  My adrenaline went full tilt at 8 a.m. when a woman slammed a door next to my office so hard a light fixture fell off a cubicle storage shelf. Next I saw a id badge fly through the air.  I swear it was airborne for 8 to 10 feet. I stood there with wide eyes like a deer in the head lights.  After a half hour I had shook off that shocked feeling.  Throughout the day I have talked to people who have told me some very strange stories. Seriously, I could write a book. I made it home safe after a strange transaction at Menards where I had to show my identification to pick up a water heater I had already paid for.  I had to ask, "You need to know I can drive so I can have hot water?"  With the snow falling so fast and so furiously and so unrelenting, I feel like I am in a white padded room.  Right now I have a plumber in my lower level fixing some things and he's making noises that I usually don't hear.  Pretty soon he's going to ask me to go into that nasty well room again to turn the water back on.  I must point out that my 40 year old water heater was a fine water heater and it was still working fairly well. As soon as the plumber leaves and I get my car into the garage, I think I will crawl into bed and pretend I am a black bear in a den.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...