Monday, April 30, 2018

Panda Bear Birds

This weekend I saw my first turkey vultures soaring over the Apple River valley near Somerset, Wisconsin.  In a pond near New Richmond, Wisconsin, we saw six ducks. Four of the ducks were wood ducks. I thought it looked like two committed couples of wood ducks. The other two ducks were on the far side of pond.  When they weren't diving we could see one was black and white and the other was brown with a white spot by the eye. I am glad I had my binoculars along.  Could I think of the name of this duck?  I know the duck.  I think this duck is super cute. I went through many names before I came up with bufflehead duck. Buffalo duck. Ruffalo duck. Mark Ruffalo duck. Panda Bear duck. Pandalo duck. Buffy duck. Daffy duck. Black and white duck. Tuxedo duck. Despicable duck. Buffalo duck. Buff duck. Baffle duck. Baffle head duck. Bufflehead Duck!  Bingo!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...