Sunday, April 29, 2018

The Rules Do Not Apply

Ariel Levy wrote this book called The Rules Do Not Apply.  The book is short and easy to read. Ariel writes about her life. A major theme is cause and effect.  Great things happen in her life and also terrible things happen in her life.  She asks why. An entire chapter is dedicated to the slogan "Everything happens for a reason."  She asks if the bad things happened to her because she chose an unconventional life.  Well, what is a conventional life?  Is there such a thing as an conventional life?  If so, would you want to live it? I always think normal is a setting on the dryer.  By the way, my dryer is on the fritz.  I dried 3 load of clothes on my deck today.  Was that conventional? Who cares?  I have clean clothes and sheets and towels.  There may be some pollen on them but otherwise they're clean and dry. Rules/schmules!  On the other hand, traffic rules are super important and please follow every single one of them.  Grazie!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...