Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Lilac Girls

Martha Hall Kelly wrote Lilac Girls.  My book club discussed this book last night.  Each chapter is the voice of a different woman.  Caroline is a socialite in New York City. Kasia lives in Poland. One woman, Herta, lives in Germany. This is historical fiction and Herta Oberheuser is an infamous woman during World War Two. I am still learning history.   For me, historical fiction is a more palatable option for me to increase my knowledge.  You should read this book.  The topic isn't always pleasant. There were moments where I got really uncomfortable and then the author would bring my level of angst back down to a reasonable level where I could continue reading.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...