Saturday, April 14, 2018

Visitors

I went out this morning to check on my chickens. Along the way I noticed who has been visiting my yard by noticing the tracks in the snow.  The blasted calico feral cat has been by. The cat was on my front door step, went down the driveway and up the road.  I wish that cat would move away permanently. I have cut back on feeding my birds because I fear that cat will murder them AGAIN. The deer had been by and next to the deer track I saw an unfamiliar track. The unfamiliar track was a narrow line in the snow about 5 inches long. And the narrow line track was behind several deer tracks. Was some kind of long tailed mouse jumping from one deer track to the next?  Could it be a bird of some kind with a sharp narrow tail?  Further inspection revealed the wind had pushed a blackberry cane back and forth enough times to carve a line in the snow.  It was elementary, my Dear Watson!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...