Friday, April 20, 2018

Walk In The Park

The last two days it has been nice enough for me to take my noon walk around Laddie Lake in Blaine.  Yesterday there was quite a bit of snow on the path. I told my companion he could go first and if he heard me fall he should come back for me.  We did fine. Today there was very little snow on the path but lots of water. Where we cross 89th Avenue a big puddle of water collects. The speed limit there is 35 mph and when car, bus or truck tires hit that much water at 35 mph the water sprays 15 feet away.  So we stand back until the traffic clears and we can walk across the street without getting sprayed. Snow blankets the ground in the yards and on the lake and in the woods. No leaves are present yet but things are happening. A insect flies across the path.  Birds are singing. I am walking with short sleeves and my jacket over my arm.  Today was a wonderful day for a walk in the park.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...