Thursday, April 26, 2018

Spring Bird Sightings

On Monday I saw a bittern standing in a pond in Blaine.  I got pretty excited about that.  Maybe I went overboard. I lovingly slugged my walking companion in the arm and he had to take three quick steps to keep from falling over. The bittern saw me looking at it.  The bittern decided to act like a statue.  One foot was up in mid air and the bird was bent forward and it just stayed in that exact position for a minute and then I walked away saying, "I still see you."  This bittern was the second one I have ever seen so that was awesome. Also exciting was the chipping sparrow I saw on my deck railing Wednesday morning.  I heard a bird and wondered what made that sound when the chipping sparrow just showed up to eat the left-over canary food.  What made that moment even more special was the fact that I was holding Grandgirl #2 in my arms at the time. I think I was more excited than she was but she was smiling too so I could be wrong.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...