Friday, April 13, 2018

The Far Side Of The World

Because I was in need of a change of scenery I selected Far Side of the World, a book written by Patrick O'Brian.  The book did take me away from the local area as I drove up and down the highways in my vicinity listening to the exploits of Captain Jack Aubrey and his crew. I especially liked the ship's physician, Dr. Maturin.  Dr. Maturin had a knack for physical clumsiness and another knack for nature. Dr. Maturin would be looking at a blue footed booby, all excited by the turquoise blue feet and bill, and fall off the boat into the sea and that was downright funny. The voyage started out near Gibraltar, went around Cape Horn and ended up at the Galapagos Islands.  When I looked more into it, I came to realize that the movie I saw years ago, "Master and  Commander" was based on this very book.  I think now would be a good time to see that movie again. I think I will try to get a copy of this movie and not look out the window this weekend.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...