Sunday, April 15, 2018

Walk To The Mailbox

I slept well through the blizzard last night.  I awoke early and wondered what was the best course of action for today. How do I spend this day? What would be a wise choice?  I drink some coffee and eat some oatmeal. I check on my chickens.  I shovel out their pen a little bit and give them some warm water and sunflower seeds. I wear my knee high boots and trudge out to the mailbox because I never got the mail yesterday.  My street is plowed.  The snow plow pushed thick snow into my driveway and now the snow is higher than my boots.  I almost fall. I have zero interest in making snow angels. I make it to the street and brush 15 inches of snow off my bright red mailbox.  I open the box expecting junk mail.  Instead I find a greeting card from a relative.  I got a letter in the mail from someone I know!  Suddenly all is well in the world.  Someone thought of me and sent me a letter in the mail. My walk back to the house is much more pleasant because I have a greeting card in the pocket of my coat.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...