Thursday, July 19, 2018

Dumb on Purpose

Every once in a while don't you want to do something, um, shall we say, ill-advised?  A little stupid? Somewhat dangerous but in a controlled sort of way? That is how I felt Tuesday morning so I texted a sibling and she agreed to help me.  I drove my bike  to Roseville after work where I donned an inflatable T-Rex dinosaur costume and rode my motorcycle up the street. That was a ton of fun!  I have a burn mark on my right ankle but still, it was a ton of fun.  I put on the costume and I could hardly make it out the front door. That T-Rex head is much higher than my head. I walked like a dinosaur down the 3 steps and down the sidewalk. I could hardly see to get the key in the ignition. I put the key in with my short little T-Rex arms. I didn't have shoes or boots on.  I wished I wore black socks instead of white socks. Once I got my T-Rex leg over the saddle I quickly moved my leg off the muffler. Ouch, man.  I got the bike started but I could not look down to see if I was in neutral or not. Let me tell you it is not easy to change gears on a bike without shoes on. My toes are not made to move metal like that.  I got the bike into first gear and took off. As soon as I got a little speed going the wind made the T-Rex head lift into the air and I could not see a gosh darn thing. Jiminy Crickit!  I was blind.  So I stopped the bike. The head drifted down and I could see again. I started again and the same thing happened. I stopped again.  The third time I mastered the art of balancing just slow enough so the dinosaur head did not lift so high and I could see. Driving a motorcycle while blind is no fun at all. I went up past my aunt's house to my Dad's house.  I prayed they weren't looking out the window.  I stopped the bike. My sibling helped me get my head out of the costume and I turned around and drove back to her house where I got off the bike quick as a fox and went into her house so no one could see me. Aw, geez, that was a fun experience. She filmed the entire escapade and added music from the Benny Hill show. I could add it to the list of dumb things I have done but this one goes into the "on purpose" category.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...